Jackie Update

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 1:05 am
Jackie went into surgery but last night she had posted on her Facebook that they could not do surgery do to them finding a lesion on her liver. They are doing a biopsy but from her Facebook post seems she has positive spirits. 

I am sure she will post when she gets home I just thought I would update everyone.  
bvohl
on 9/28/11 1:27 am
Thanks for the update!! Sorry to hear about this bump in the road, but this too shall pass!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Nicole0216
on 9/28/11 1:34 am - Lancaster, PA
aww what a shame. but then again things always happen for a reason.
Thanks for the update
Laureen S.
on 9/28/11 3:43 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks for the update Beth, here's hoping they get to the bottom of things and she gets a new surgery date soon.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Jackie Fisher
on 9/28/11 6:06 am - PA
Thank you so much Beth for letting everyone know!!!

Yes, a bump in the road is what it is! I will be okay. Kinda sucks waking up in excrutiating pain only to find out that the surgery wasn't completed. I spoke to Dr Medvetz and she said that they had given me 4 cuts, pumped me full of air and then as she began to get in there, she found a mass on my liver. She did a biopsy, but then had to stop the surgery. She said this morning that she has seen a lot of cancer and it definitely doesn't look like cancer. She also said that she is 99% sure that it is nothing and that we will be able to reschudule for the end of October.

Right now I am in a good deal of pain and I just came home a few hours ago. I have to stay positive, because there is nothing I can do about it. To sit back and be miserable and down and out is not going to change anything. I am learning to live with the fact and continue to keep my head up. Dr Medvetz said it could take up to 2 weeks for results, but as soon as I hear anything I will let everyone know.

I will be at support group on Saturday, because I need to see your smiling faces!! Thank you all so much for the kind words of support. I have waited this long to have surgery, what is one more month!!

"Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."

-Jackie

Laureen S.
on 9/28/11 11:41 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Jackie,

With an attitude like yours, you're going to come out of this all just fine, looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/28/11 10:00 pm
I understand your frustration and anticipation.  I was told that if my liver had any signs of cancer that I would be sewn up and sent home with no surgery.  As it turned out, it was a hemangioma (not sure of spelling).  First thing I said when I opened my eyes was did I have the surgery?  I did have the surgery and the biopsy was done at the same time.  I am praying this all turns out for the best.  Here is hoping the liver issue is not an issue for your next surgery date.  Wishing you a successful journey.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

sandy L.
on 9/28/11 2:01 pm - Altoona, PA
Your new date will be here before you know it.

Arlene E.
on 9/30/11 8:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Jackie, hang in there.  I am hoping that surgery will be scheduled soon and all stays positive.

With determination and a good outlook you will be get through this bump in the road and come out a winner! (actually in our terms, a loser)

See you Saturday

Arlene 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views